- Corporate Executive Board's Year-End Insights Help Drive Consistent Corporate Performance Regardless of Economic Conditions -
ARLINGTON, Va., Dec. 1, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ --
The Corporate Executive Board (CEB) (NYSE: EXBD), a leading research and advisory services company, today announced the publication of Executive Guidance 2011, the company's year-end analysis of industry trends and corporate best practices designed to inform and support business planning. This year's Executive Guidance focuses on "Intelligent Growth"--a long-term pattern of above-industry performance in both revenue growth and efficiency--and highlights four key management principles that are critical to achieving it. While most companies aspire to create this balance, currently less than 10 percent of global organizations are considered Intelligent Growth companies.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://multivu.prnewswire.com/mnr/executiveboard/45060/
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20101201/MM09397 )
"Executive Guidance 2011 offers insight into what the best companies do to ensure that they not only respond to economic cycles, but that they create value for their shareholders across them," said Thomas Monahan, CEO and chairman, Corporate Executive Board. "In 'Achieving Intelligent Growth,' we identify the most effective management habits of companies that create value in good times and in bad and then provide guidance to our members on how they can replicate them to drive corporate performance."
Corporate Executive Board has identified four key management principles necessary to achieve Intelligent Growth. Each is detailed fully in the company's Executive Guidance 2011 publication.
- Customer Experience Innovation--Intelligent Growth companies de-emphasize the standard sales process and relentlessly seek to innovate their product and service lines.
- Key Talent Engagement--Intelligent Growth leaders are actively re-invigorating their lost generation of talent and by doing so they are realizing higher productivity and greater ROI.
- Risk Vigilance--Most Intelligent Growth companies avoided a major crisis. They likely encountered risks but because of their culture, they were able to surface them early or responded more effectively than their peers.
- Permanent Cost and Capital Management--Intelligent Growth companies continuously manage operating cost structures throughout economic cycles, avoiding the pain that comes with "boom and bust" management approaches and taking what might be considered big risks along the way.
"While the management principles of Intelligent Growth may seem intuitive, the discipline to adhere to them regardless of economic condition is something that few companies possess," Monahan added. "In fact, perhaps the most striking behavior of the Intelligent Growth companies Corporate Executive Board studied is their cycle discipline--investing and innovating aggressively in the trough and cleaning up when the economy is solid. These are not companies that play it safe."
"Executive Guidance 2011, Achieving Intelligent Growth", which has been in high demand by CEB's members, is complimentary and available by request at www.executiveboard.com/executive-guidance. Corporate Executive Board will also be hosting a series of webinars to explore its Intelligent Growth findings and recommendations in greater detail. Pre-registration is required at www.executiveboard.com/executive-guidance.
about the corporate executive board company
The Corporate Executive Board Company drives faster, more effective decision making among the world's leading executives and business professionals. As the premier, network-based knowledge resource, The Corporate Executive Board provides customers with the authoritative and timely guidance needed to excel in their roles, take decisive action and improve company performance. Powered by an executive network that spans over 50 countries and represents approximately 85% of the world's Fortune 500 companies, The Corporate Executive Board offers unique research insights along with an integrated suite of exclusive tools and resources that enable the world's most successful organizations to deliver superior business outcomes. For more information, visit www.exbd.com.
SOURCE Corporate Executive Board