ARLINGTON, Va., April 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- CEB (NYSE: CEB), the leading member-based advisory company, today announced the recipients of its 2014 Community Investment Grants, which serve to advance talent management, leadership development and organizational performance in the social sector. These partnerships affirm CEB's commitment to enable non-profit leaders and their organizations to reach their full potential and evoke positive social change in the communities where the company operates.
Grant recipients will receive financial benefits as well as in-kind support from CEB, which will provide the organizations with the resources and expertise needed to help improve performance and drive growth. CEB employees will also have the opportunity to directly support the 2014 grantees by participating in pro-bono projects.
"This year's Community Investment Grant recipients represent a unique group of non-profit organizations focused on cultivating innovation and positive social change in our communities," said Jerry Sorkin, executive director, CEB. "We are proud to support this year's grantees through our force of ideas and spirit of generosity – two values that define CEB's culture. By extending our talent management and leadership expertise, CEB will be able to help these organizations fulfill their vision."
CEB's Community Investment Grant recipients for 2014 include three organizations in the area of talent management & leadership development:
- BoardSource advances the public good by building exceptional nonprofit boards and inspiring board service.
- BUILD uses entrepreneurship as a vehicle to excite and propel low-income and disengaged students through high school to college and career success.
- Playworks improves the health and well-being of children by increasing opportunities for physical activity and safe, meaningful play.
The company also awarded grants to five organizations in the area of organizational effectiveness:
- Ashoka discovers and funds Fellows who bring about real social change around the world.
- Generation Enterprise empowers at-risk youth (un- or under-employed) to build marketable skills and create jobs in urban communities around the world.
- LUNGevity Foundation funds the most promising research into the early detection and successful treatment of lung cancer.
- Points of Light Foundation promotes volunteerism by inspiring, equipping and mobilizing people to take action that will change the world.
- Taproot Foundation makes business talent available to organizations working to improve society by leading, mobilizing and engaging professionals in pro-bono service that drives social change.
CEB's Community Investment Grants will play a key role in helping the company achieve its Global Impact Goals for 2014. During the course of the year, CEB will strive to engage 1,000 social sector leaders, deliver $2 million in value to non-profits and provide more than 30,000 volunteer service hours to the social sector.
CEB, the leading member-based advisory company, equips more than 10,000 organizations around the globe with insights, tools and actionable solutions to transform enterprise performance. By combining advanced research and analytics with best practices from member companies, CEB helps leaders realize outsized returns by more effectively managing talent, information, customers and risk. Member companies include approximately 85% of the Fortune 500, half the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and nearly 85% of the FTSE 100. More at cebglobal.com
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20131107/PH13083LOGO
Kelly Blum, CEB, email@example.com, 571-303-5745