ARLINGTON, Va., May 24, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Corporate Executive Board (CEB) (NYSE: EXBD), a leading research and advisory services company, held its second-annual Global Service Day to allow employees to "Get Out and Give Back." In 14 cities, from Chicago to London to Singapore to its headquarters in Washington, DC, CEB closed its doors for the day so that more than 1,800 employees could actively partner with organizations selected for their ability to directly impact local communities.
In one day, CEB staff tackled a range of projects for 20 service organizations to benefit migrant women, underprivileged students, historic sites and disabled children. The dedicated day of service brought the company's Spirit of Generosity – a CEB core value—to life in the communities where the company's employees live and work. CEB volunteers constructed an outdoor classroom, refurbished historic gardens, coached at-risk youth and conducted financial education training for women in need.
CEB's Global Service Day represents one important component of the company's philanthropic efforts. For more than 25 years, CEB and its staff have dedicated significant financial and in-kind resources to a broad set of charitable organizations – promoting innovation and community building and enabling entrepreneurship in the public sector.
"We are proud to continue our Global Service Day tradition, which provides a unique opportunity for our staff to bring CEB's Spirit of Generosity to life while expanding the company's global philanthropic reach," said Tom Monahan, CEB Chairman and CEO. "Through our work across four continents, seven countries and with more than 10,000 hours of service, Global Service Day allows us to bring positive social change and to enrich communities where our employees and business partners live and work."
Building on the momentum and significant impact CEB made with its inaugural Global Service Day in 2011, the company partnered with the several non-profit organizations, including:
- Aidha is a social enterprise dedicated to enriching the lives of migrant women through financial education. (Singapore, Singapore)
- City Year unites young people to keep students in school and on track to graduation. (Chicago, Ill., London, UK, San Francisco, Calif. and Washington, DC)
- Evergreen is a community environmental center that inspires and equips visitors to live, work and play more sustainably. (Toronto, Canada)
- Food Link NY serves to end hunger, build self-sufficiency, and foster nutritional wellness. (Rochester, N.Y.)
- Frankfurter Tafel e.V. is a food bank operating in the heart of Frankfurt´s poorest neighborhoods. (Frankfurt, Germany)
- Habitat for Humanity works to eliminate poverty housing and to make decent, affordable shelter for all people. (Minneapolis, Minn.)
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) develops programs that inspire young people to stay in school, to recognize business opportunities and to plan for successful futures (Boston, Mass.)
- Sankalp School serves the impoverished local population in Gurgaon. (Gurgaon, Haryana, India)
- Variety NSW: The Children's Charity aims to empower children who are sick, disadvantaged or have special needs to encourage independence and increase self-esteem.(Sydney, Australia)
About Corporate Executive Board
By identifying and building on the proven best practices of the world's best companies, Corporate Executive Board (CEB) helps senior executives and their teams drive corporate performance. CEB offers comprehensive data analysis, research and advisory services that align to executive leadership roles and key recurring decisions. CEB tools, insights, and analysis empower member companies to focus efforts, move quickly, and address emerging and enduring business challenges with confidence. CEB's client and member network includes 85 percent of the Fortune 500, 50 percent of the Dow Jones Asian Titans, and 70 percent of the FTSE 100. It spans more than 50 countries, 5,700 individual organizations, and 240,000 business professionals. For more information, visit www.executiveboard.com.
SOURCE Corporate Executive Board
Shannon Eckhart, Corporate Executive Board, +1-571-303-4508, email@example.com